Raised by My Dad
Inspired by "Raised by Women" by Kelly Norman Ellis
I was raised by
hand holding,
goodnight-kiss-on-the-forehead giving
Warm belly you wanna lay on while watching tv
“Come here, let me see what’s wrong”
Kind of Dad.
Piggy back riding
Sweater vest wearing
“Guess which hand”
Candy toting
Kind of Dad.
Some leather briefcase holding
High collar, pale brown
Suit coat wearing
Take it black
Hot coffee drinking
Waiting for the train
“I’m going to get there on time”
Type of Dad.
Some eye-brow raising
Pocket book calculating
Arms folded across his chest
Permission granting
After hours of deliberating
“Better be home on time”
Type of Dad.
Some do-si-do
promenading
Turn your partner to the left
Dancing under your feet
Kind of Dad.
Some chauffeur driving
Bag carrying
Oil changing
Door opening
Tears wielding
Standing ovation, my daughter is graduating
Kind of Dad.
I was raised by my dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment